Pork Chops with Apple Compote
- 8 (1/2-inch) thick pork loin chops
- 2 tablespoons Irvine Spices Smokey Rotisserie seasoning
- 2 tablespoons Irvine Spices Roasted Garlic Pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 Granny Smith apples, peeled and cored, thinly sliced and tossed with juice from 1 lemon
- 1 lemon, zest grated and reserved for garnish
Rinse pork chops to remove any residue and pat dry with paper towels. Combine the Smokey Rotisserie seasoning, the Roasted Garlic Pepper, and the salt to make a rub. Rub the seasoning into all surfaces of the pork chops and allow to sit covered for 2 hours. (The seasoning will actually begin to "cure" the meat.)
Melt butter and oil over medium heat in a large saute pan. Saute the chops for 3 to 5 minutes each side, remove to a platter and keep warm.
To the same pan, add the apples and saute until tender. Puree the apples and pan juices in a blender (or you can use an immersion blender if the pot is deep enough).
Spoon pureed apple over chops and garnish with lemon zest.