Salad of Mesclun Greens with Dried Cranberries, Mascarpone Dumplings and Champagne Vinaigrette
- For the dumplings and salad:
- 1/2 cup goat cheese
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 4 cups cleaned loosely packed greens (such as romaine, red and green leaf lettuce, radicchio, frissee)
- 1/2 cup sun-dried cranberries
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in 1/2
- For the Champagne vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup Champagne vinegar
- 1/2 cup Champagne
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup grapeseed oil
DirectionsFor the dumplings and salad:
Mix goat cheese, mascarpone and chives in a bowl. Roll into small "dumplings" and set aside at room temperature.
For the Champagne Vinaigrette:
Make vinaigrette by mixing together vinegar, Champagne, vanilla, chives, salt, and pepper, in a small bowl. Add oil in a slow stream by whisking constantly.
Cut or shred greens into 1/2-inch wide pieces. Combine cheese dumplings, greens, cranberries, and tomatoes and toss with enough vinaigrette to coat.