Seafood Spheres on Crostini
- 2 tablespoons finely diced celery
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoons freshly chopped thyme leaves
- 1 lemon, zest, finely grated
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 pound smoked salmon, chopped fine
- 1/4 pound cooked lobster meat
- 1/4 pound cooked crabmeat, picked through to remove remnants of shells
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 loaf French bread, sliced into 16 (1/2-inch) slices and lightly toasted
- 16 small parsley sprigs, for garnish
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Combine celery, parsley, thyme, lemon zest and mayonnaise in a bowl. Then fold the salmon, lobster, and crabmeat into the mixture so that it's just combined and the crab is not broken or mashed. Season with salt and pepper, as needed. Arrange bread on a baking sheet. Using a melon baller, or small scoop, spoon seafood mixture onto bread and bake briefly in oven until seafood balls are lightly browned. Garnish with parsley.
Copyright 2007, Robert Irvine, All Rights Reserved