Tomato Herb Mussels
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1/4 cup small-diced red onions
- 1 cup par-boiled potatoes, medium diced
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 pounds mussels, poached
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, rehydrated
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme and parsley blend
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- Toasted Italian bread, for serving
In a large saute pan over high heat, bring the oil to the verge of smoking. Then add the onions, reduce the heat to medium-high and cook the onions until softened. After cooking the onions 2 to 3 minutes, add the potatoes and garlic. Again cook for 2 minutes, and then finish with the wine. Allow the wine to reduce by half, and then add the mussels and sun-dried tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper and allow the mussels to warm and the liquid to reduce again, one-quarter volume total. Finally, add the herbs, stir and serve with bread of choice.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.