Venison Stuffed Shrimp in Bacon Wrap
- 1/2 pound ground venison
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 2 teaspoons freshly chopped basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons freshly chopped parsley leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 cloves shallots, finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 16 pieces extra-jumbo shrimp (size: 16 to 20 count per pound), peeled and de-veined
- 8 slices bacon, cut in 1/2 (16 halves)
Combine venison, pork, basil, parsley, garlic, shallots, eggs, and salt and pepper and mix well.
Make an incision along back of each shrimp and stuff with pork mixture. Secure by wrapping the half slice of bacon around each shrimp. Broil until meat stuffing is cooked and bacon is golden brown, being careful to avoid overcooking shrimp.
Copyright 2007, Robert Irvine, All Rights Reserved