- 3 pounds fresh lump crabmeat (or an equal amount of canned lump crabmeat)
- 1/2 cup lowfat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons oats (regular or quick-cooking)
- 3 tablespoons seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons crab boil seasoning (recommended: Old Bay)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ***Amounts above are to make enough crab cakes for 12 servings OR to make crabcakes plus Crab-Corn Chowder, Crab-Stuffed Poblano Peppers, and Hot Artichoke-Crab Dip
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Take 1/3 of the mixture and shape into 4 crabcakes, each about 1-inch thick. Freeze (up to 3 months) or refrigerate remainder of filling (up to 24 hours) for another use. Heat oil in a large, oven-proof skillet. Add crab cakes and saute 2 to 3 minutes per side, until golden brown. Transfer pan to oven and bake 20 minutes, until crab cakes are cooked through.
Serve 4 cakes for this meal and reserve remaining crab cakes for later in the week.
Copyright 2006, Robin Miller, All Rights Reserved
Recipe courtesy of Robin Miller