Grilled Corn Cakes
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup stone ground yellow cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1 large egg or 2 large egg whites
In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt. Mix well with a fork and make a well in the center.
In small bowl, whisk together milk, honey, oil, and egg. Pour mixture into center of dry ingredients and mix until just blended.
Pour 1/4 cup batter onto griddle for each corn cake. Cook 2 minutes per side, until puffed up, golden brown and cooked through.
Copyright 2006, Robin Miller, All Rights Reserved