Spaghetti and Meatballs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt-free garlic and herb seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- 2 (28-ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 6 -ounce can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup torn fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
Heat oil in a large stock pot or Dutch oven over medium heat.
Cook spaghetti according to package directions. In a large bowl, combine beef and garlic and herb seasoning, 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Mix well and shape mixture into meatballs (about 16 meatballs). Add meatballs and cook 5 minutes, until golden brown on all sides. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, oregano, and red pepper flakes and bring to a simmer. Simmer 10 minutes, until meatballs are cooked through. Reserve 1 1/2 cups sauce for another meal. Remove from heat and stir in basil. Serve sauce over spaghetti. Top with Parmesan just before serving.
Copyright 2006, Robin Miller, All Rights Reserved
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen