Spaghetti and Meatballs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt-free garlic and herb seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- 2 (28-ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 6 -ounce can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup torn fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
Heat oil in a large stock pot or Dutch oven over medium heat.
Cook spaghetti according to package directions. In a large bowl, combine beef and garlic and herb seasoning, 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Mix well and shape mixture into meatballs (about 16 meatballs). Add meatballs and cook 5 minutes, until golden brown on all sides. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, oregano, and red pepper flakes and bring to a simmer. Simmer 10 minutes, until meatballs are cooked through. Reserve 1 1/2 cups sauce for another meal. Remove from heat and stir in basil. Serve sauce over spaghetti. Top with Parmesan just before serving.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.