- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 leeks, rinsed well and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 4 cups leftover cooked new potatoes
- 6 cups reduced-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
Heat butter in a large stock pot or Dutch oven over medium heat.
Add leeks and garlic and cook 3 minutes, until soft. Add thyme and marjoram and cook 1 minute, until fragrant. Add potatoes and broth, increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, partially cover and simmer 5 minutes.
Using an immersion blender, puree until smooth (or puree in a blender and return mixture to pot). Remove from heat and whisk in sour cream. Season, to taste, with salt and black pepper. Ladle soup into bowls and top with chives.