Vongole Pizza with Andouille, Clams and Scallops
- 1 cup diced andouille or chorizo sausage
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 (1-pound) refrigerated or frozen pizza or bread dough, thawed
- 1 (6-ounce) can baby clams, drained
- 2 cooked scallops, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
Cook sausage in the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until browned and crisp. Remove from heat.
Press the thawed dough into a 15-inch circle. Top dough with spinach and sun-dried tomatoes. Top with chopped scallops, baby clams and half of the sausage, then both cheeses. Sprinkle with dried oregano. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, until cheese melts.
NOTE: Serve with a simple bagged and pre-washed green salad and a bottled vinaigrette.
Recipe courtesy Robin Miller, 2006
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay