- 1 (12-ounce) store-bought angel food cake
- 1/2 cup fat free vanilla yogurt
- 1 (16-ounce) container lite whipped topping, divided use (recommended: Cool Whip Lite)
- 1 (8.25-ounce) can peach slices, drained, cut in 1/2 (recommended: - S and W)
- 1 cup seedless grapes, sliced in 1/2
- 1/2 cup sugar free apricot preserves (recommended: Smucker's)
- 1 (11-ounce) can Mandarin orange segments, drained (recommended: Dole)
- 1 cup plain shredded coconut, plus 1 cup toasted
- 1 (8-ounce) can pineapple slices, drained and cut in 1/2 (recommended: Dole)
- 1/4 cup frozen cherries, defrosted
Cut the cake horizontally into thirds and place the bottom layer on a serving plate. In a small bowl add the yogurt and a 1/2 cup of whipped topping and mix well to blend. Spread on the bottom layer and top with the sliced grapes. Add the middle layer and spread with the preserves and cover with the orange segments. Put the last layer on top and frost entire cake with remaining whipped topping. Toss 1 cup coconut with the toasted coconut and press into sides of cake. Arrange pineapple and cherries on top.
Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve at room temperature.
Recipe courtesy of Sandra Lee