Apple Butter Spice Bars
- Nonstick vegetable cooking spray, Pam(R)
- 1 package (18.25-ounce) spice cake mix, Betty Crocker(R)
- 2 packets (0.74 ounce each) spiced cider drink mix, Alpine(R)
- 1 1/4 cups apple juice, Tree Top(R)
- 1 cup apple butter
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil, Crisco(R)
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts, Diamond(R)
- 1/2 cup dried sliced apples, chopped, Mariani(R)
- 1 package (8-ounce) cream cheese, softened, Philadelphia(R)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar, C&H(R)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 9x13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, combine dry cake mix and 11?2 packets of the cider mix. Add apple juice, 1?4 cup of the apple butter, the oil, and eggs; beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds. Scrape down sides of bowl; beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour into prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, the remaining 3?4 cup apple butter, the brown sugar, and flour; beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
Remove pan from oven. Pour cream cheese mixture over partially baked cake. Sprinkle walnut and apple mixture on top. Return to oven; bake for 20 to 25 minutes more. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.