Buddha's Delight Dumplings with Ginger-Chive Ponzu
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen Asian stir-fry vegetables (recommended: Birds Eye)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil (recommended: Dynasty)
- 1 (8-ounce) package fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic (recommended: Christopher Ranch)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten, plus 1 lightly beaten egg white for brushing
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 (10-ounce) package round gyoza wrappers (recommended: Dynasty)
- 1 cup citrus ponzu sauce (recommended: Kikkoman)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger (recommended: Christopher Ranch)
DirectionsFor the Buddha's Delight: For the Ginger-Chive Ponzu:
Special equipment: bamboo steamer
For the Buddha's Delight:
Cover stir-fry vegetables in a microwave-safe bowl with 2 tablespoons water. Cook on HIGH for 6 to 8 minutes. Drain and set aside.
Working in batches, lay out 6 to 8 gyoza wrappers. Lightly brush with the remaining 1 egg white and spoon 1 tablespoon of vegetable mixture in the center of each. Fold in half and press together to seal edges. Stand dumplings seam-side up by tapping on countertop. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling. Line bamboo steamer with a piece of parchment paper that has been cut to fit. Spray parchment lightly with cooking spray. Put 10 to 12 dumplings in steamer at a time. Place steamer over medium pot of boiling water. Steam for 10 to 12 minutes.
For the Ginger-Chive Ponzu:
In a small bowl, stir together all ponzu ingredients.
Serve steamed dumplings hot with ponzu dipping sauce.