Chicken and Turkey Pot Pie with Pepper Biscuit Topping
- 2 small red potatoes, cubed
- 16 ounces frozen mixed veggies ( carrots, corn, peas, green beans)
- 1 cup frozen chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon salt-free chicken seasoning (recommended: McCormick's Grill Mates)
- 1 pound boneless turkey breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 cups cooked, cubed chicken (recommended: Perdue Shortcuts)
- 2 (10-ounce) cans cream of chicken soup (recommended: Campbell's)
- 16 ounces refrigerated biscuit dough, thawed in refrigerator (recommended: Pillsbury Grands)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil; set aside.
In a large bowl, thoroughly combine all ingredients for filling. Transfer to a 2 1/2 quart casserole dish. Cover with foil and place on baking sheet. Bake for 1 1/2 hours.
Remove from oven and discard foil. Mixture should be bubbling. Gently stir mixture to evenly distribute heat. Open can of biscuit dough and arrange over top of casserole. Brush tops of biscuits with melted butter and sprinkle with black pepper. Return to oven and continue baking for another 15 to 18 minutes or until biscuits have risen and are golden brown.
Recipe courtesy of Sandra Lee
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray