Chicken with Vegetable Ragout and Polenta
- 3 cups frozen primavera vegetable medley (recommended: Birds Eye)
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, rinsed and patted dry
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning (recommended: McCormick)
- 1 (14-ounce) jar pasta sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1 (24-ounce) tube pre-made polenta, sliced 1/2-inch thick (recommended: Gennaro)
- Grated Parmesan, for garnish
In a large bowl, stir together pasta sauce, tomato paste, garlic and sherry. Pour 2/3 of the sauce over chicken and vegetables. Top the chicken with polenta slices and cover with remaining sauce. Cover and cook on the LOW setting for 4 to 5 hours.
Serve hot with Parmesan.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Chunky Chicken Chowder, Mojo Marinated Chicken with Grilled Purple Potatoes and Charred Corn and Black Bean Salsa with Grilled Flour Tortilla, Tandoori Chicken Thighs, Gelato Recipes, White Chicken Chili Recipes, Gnocchi Recipes, Mexican Chicken Recipes, Chicken Noodle Soup Recipes, Thai Chicken Recipes