Chicken with Vegetable Ragout and Polenta
- 3 cups frozen primavera vegetable medley (recommended: Birds Eye)
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, rinsed and patted dry
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning (recommended: McCormick)
- 1 (14-ounce) jar pasta sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1 (24-ounce) tube pre-made polenta, sliced 1/2-inch thick (recommended: Gennaro)
- Grated Parmesan, for garnish
In a large bowl, stir together pasta sauce, tomato paste, garlic and sherry. Pour 2/3 of the sauce over chicken and vegetables. Top the chicken with polenta slices and cover with remaining sauce. Cover and cook on the LOW setting for 4 to 5 hours.
Serve hot with Parmesan.
Recipe courtesy of Sandra Lee, 2008