Coney Island Chili Dogs
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (12-ounce) jar chili sauce
- 1 (1.48-ounce) packet chili seasoning
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 8 beef hot dogs
- 8 hot dog buns
- Shredded Cheddar, to serve
- Chopped white onion, to serve
- Spicy Fries, recipe follows
In a large pot over medium heat, brown the ground beef stirring constantly to break up all the clumps into fine pieces.
Add the chili sauce, chili seasoning, water, Worcestershire, mustard and onion powder. Bring to a boil, lower the heat, and simmer for 30 minutes.Spicy Fries:
2 tablespoons taco seasoning
1 teaspoon salt
1 (26-ounce) bag frozen crispy French fries
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
Combine taco seasoning and salt; set aside.
On baking sheets make a single layer of French fries. Bake until golden brown, about 12 minutes and season with the spicy salt mixture. Serve with chili dogs.