Grilled New York Strip with Chocolate Merlot Sauce
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium-sized yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Merlot wine
- 1 tablespoon onion soup mix
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 (1- inch thick) New York strip steaks
- 1/4 cup taco seasoning mix
In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onions, garlic, and jalapeno, saute until soft, about 5 minutes. Add Merlot and reduce by half over high heat. Reduce heat to low and stir in soup mix and chocolate. Stir until smooth. Keep warm on very low heat until ready to serve.
Serve steaks with chocolate Merlot sauce.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Grilled New Potatoes and Zucchini with Radicchio, Goat Cheese and Aged Sherry Vinaigrette, Mixed Grilled: 3 New Takes on an Old Favorite, Grilled Shrimp and Chorizo Skewers with Piquillo Gazpacho, London Broil Recipes, Garlic Chicken Recipes, Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipes, Stuffed Pork Chops Recipes, Chocolate Recipes, Beef Wellington Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.