Mixed Roasted Potatoes with Herb Butter
- 1 1/2 pounds russet potatoes
- 1 1/2 pounds red potatoes
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes
- Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
Cut the potatoes into 2-inch cubes. Add them to a large pot, cover them with cold water, and add salt. Bring them to a boil, cook for 10 minutes, drain and cool for 20 minutes. The potatoes will now be only partly cooked and should be completely dry before you roast them.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Toss the potatoes with the oil and salt and pepper, to taste, and spread them in one layer on a baking sheet. Roast until crispy and cooked through, about 45 minutes.
While the potatoes are roasting, make the herb butter: Mix the softened butter with the parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme and season it with salt and pepper, to taste.
When the potatoes are done, put them into a large bowl (reserve 1 cup for the Round 2 Recipe) and toss with the herb butter. (Reserve 2 tablespoons butter for the Round 2 Recipe Pork Hash).
Recipe courtesy Sandra Lee
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray