- 1 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 1 1/4 pounds ground turkey breast
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chiles
- 3/4 cup tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon enchilada sauce mix (recommended: Lawry's)
- 1 avocado, pit removed, flesh chopped
- 1 cup shredded Mexican-cheese blend
- 3/4 cup crushed baked blue corn chips (recommended: Guiltless Gourmet)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
Heat a large pot over medium-high heat, add oil, the onions and ground turkey. Saute until turkey is just cooked; stirring frequently to break up clumps.
Add the chicken stock to the pan and stir in garlic, chiles, tomato puree and enchilada sauce mix. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Put some of the chopped avocado in the bottom of each bowl and ladle the soup on top; stir to combine. Top with cheese, crushed chips and sour cream. Garnish with cilantro.