- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound chicken breast, boneless, skinless
- 1/4 cup diced onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup diced red and green peppers
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1 cup parboiled rice
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 tablespoon saffron
- 6 blue crabs, cleaned and halved
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 12 clams
- 12 mussels
- 1/2 pound smoked sausage, sliced into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Heat the olive oil in a large pan on stovetop. Add the chicken breast to the oil and saute to a golden brown. Leave chicken in pan and add the onions, garlic, peppers and celery. Saute mixture for two minutes. Add the rice, chicken stock and saffron into the mixture and bring it to a boil. Finally, add the blue crabs, shrimp, clam, mussels, sausage, salt and pepper. Cover paella and lower heat. Let simmer for 20 to 25 minutes.
Home Cook Recipe: A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchen have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.