- 2 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 cups Granny Smith apples,peeled, cored and finely chopped (about 4-6 apples)
- 1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
Preheat oven to 325. Butter and flour a 10-inch cake pan. Combine dry ingredients and set aside. Whip eggs until frothy, about 3-4 minutes then add oil and orange juice and mix thoroughly. Add dry ingredients and beat with whip at low speed until thoroughly combined. Fold in apples and walnuts and pour into prepared cake pan. Bake at 325 for 1 hour or until firm on top. Cover with aluminum foil if top gets too brown. Cool on rack 5 minutes, then invert onto rack and cool completely. Serve with Guava Cream Cheese topping spread over the top.
GUAVA CREAM CHEESE TOPPING:
- 1/4 cup Guava jam
- 5 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
Mash all ingredients in a bowl with fork until light and fluffy.