Steamed Littleneck Clams with Sweet Corn and Basil
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 stick Spanish chorizo or linguica sausage, diced
- Pinch crushed red pepper
- 24 littleneck clams, scrubbed clean
- 1 cup Portuguese white wine, or other dry white wine
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 ears fresh corn, kernels sliced off of the cobs
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 10 leaves fresh basil, julienned
- 1 loaf crusty French bread
Heat a large, deep skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil. Add the celery, garlic, chorizo and crushed red pepper and saute for 3 to 4 minutes.
Add the clams and white wine, season with salt and pepper, cover and steam until the clams open, 3 to 6 minutes. Discard those that don't open.
Stir in the butter, corn, parsley and basil. Transfer to large serving bowl. Serve with the bread.
This recipe was created by a contestant during a cooking competition. The Food Network Kitchens have not tested it for home use, therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Michelle Ragussis
Recipe courtesy of Tyler Florence
Recipe courtesy of Robin Miller