Apple Cider Chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2 pounds)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 Vidalia onion, chopped
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and sliced into 1/4-inch wedges
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups apple cider
Heat oil and 1 tablespoon butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper, add to pan and sear until golden, about 4 minutes each side. Remove chicken from pan, and set aside. Add remaining butter and onion, apple, garlic, thyme and bay leaves. Saute until apple begins to get color and onions soften, about 6 minutes. Add flour and stir 2 to 3 minutes. Nestle chicken back into pan, add cider, bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cover. Cook until chicken is cooked through, about 12 minutes.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.