Pistachio Poppy Bread
- 3 tablespoons butter, room temperature, plus extra for loaf pan
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for loaf pan
- 1 3/4 cups whole shelled unsalted pistachios
- 1/4 cup poppy seeds
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus pinch sea salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 orange, zested
- Creamed honey, for serving
Special equipment: stand mixer, 8 1/2 by 4 1/2-inch glass loaf pan
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Butter and lightly flour the loaf pan.
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the 3 tablespoons of butter and the sugar on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add the egg and continue to beat until the mixture turns pale yellow and ribbons form. Mix in the milk and the zest until incorporated. Gently stir the mixture into the dry ingredients to combine.
Pour into the loaf pan and smooth the top. Dot with the remaining 1/4 cup of whole pistachios and sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt. Bake until lightly golden and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 1 hour 10 minutes. Remove the bread from the pan and cool on a wire rack, about 10 minutes. Slice and serve warm or at room temperature with creamed honey.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.