Sweet-Hot Steak Bites
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple packed in juice, lightly drained
- 1/3 cup sweet Asian chile sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon reduced-sodium or lite soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper, or more to taste
- 1 pound raw, lean filet mignon or leanest cut available, cut into about 30 bite-size pieces
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- Cherry tomatoes, for serving, optional
- Special equipment: Crock pot
Cover and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours or on low for 7 to 8 hours.
Season with additional crushed red pepper, if desired and serve with tomatoes, if using. Serve with excess sauce and toothpicks. Yum!
Cook's Note: Alternatively, recipe can be baked in the oven, covered, at 325 degrees F for 3 to 4 hours.
PER SERVING (1/5th of recipe, about 6 "bites" with sauce): 196 calories, 4.5g fat, 313mg sodium, 18g carbs, 0.5g fiber, 15g sugars, 19.5g protein
More Recipes and Ideas:
Emeril's Grilled Cowboy Steak with Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Fried Oysters and a Drizzle of Homemade Worcestershire Sauce, Steak With Parmesan Spinach, Grilled Steak and Peach Salad, Pepper Steak Recipes, Meatball Appetizer Recipes, Artichoke Appetizer Recipes, Chicken Wing Recipes, Easy Barbecuing, Prime Rib Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.