Baked Chicken Breasts with Parmesan Crust
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme leaves, chopped
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 8 ounces each)
- 3/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup panko or dried coarse baguette breadcrumbs
- Cooking spray
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
Mix the mustard, thyme, 1/2 teaspoon salt and the cayenne in a medium bowl. Add the chicken breasts and turn to coat completely; set aside.
In a medium shallow bowl, combine the parmesan and panko. Dredge the chicken pieces in the panko mixture, coating evenly and heavily, and pressing the coating into the meat.
Put the chicken on a rack set over a baking sheet, spray with a quick burst of cooking spray and put the sheet in the middle of the oven. Bake until the chicken is golden and cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes. Let rest 5 minutes before cutting or serving.
Photograph by Charles Masters
Recipe courtesy of Ted Allen for Food Network Magazine
Recipe courtesy of Aida Mollenkamp