- 1/4 cup prepared risotto cooked in dashi
- 2 tablespoons uni puree (reduced cream with ratio of 1-ounce uni to 1 1/2 cups cream)
- 2 (10/20 count) scallops, preferably "dayboat" or Japanese
- Salt and white pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 pieces fresh uni
- 1 teaspoon ikura (salmon roe)
- 1 teaspoon truffle vinaigrette (either store-bought or homemade), or sherry vinaigrette finished with white truffle oil
As the risotto finishes cooking, stir in the uni puree to coat the risotto. Set aside and keep warm.
Remove the "foot" of the scallops and pat them dry. Season scallops with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a small saute pan over medium-high heat. Add scallops and sear until golden brown on 1 side. Turn scallops over and sear on the other side until golden brown and just cooked through in the middle. Remove from the heat and keep warm.
* Professional Recipe
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.