- 8 ounces salmon
- 2 tablespoons Seafood Cajun seasoning, recipe follows
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 ciabatta roll
- Goat Cheese and Lemon Mayonnaise, recipe follows
- 2 to 3 leaves green leaf lettuce
- 1/2 tomato, sliced thin
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thin
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Season salmon with Seafood Cajun Seasoning. In a medium saute pan, saute salmon in butter on medium-high heat, fat side down, until golden brown. Using a metal spatula turn salmon over and cook until golden brown. Transfer salmon onto a sizzle plate or small sheet tray and place in oven for 4 to 6 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest.
Seafood Cajun Seasoning:
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon gumbo file
- 1 teaspoon crab boil seasoning, optional (recommended: Old Bay) if using cut salt to 1/2 tablespoon
In a medium bowl, combine cayenne pepper, kosher salt, paprika, black pepper, garlic, onion powder, gumbo file and crab boil seasoning.
Goat Cheese and Lemon Mayonnaise:
- 3 ounces goat cheese
- 4 ounces mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 sprigs parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a medium bowl, mix goat cheese, mayonnaise, lemon juice, parsley, salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
* Guest Recipe
A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.