- 6 ounces lemon-flavored vodka (a.k.a. Citron)
- 2 ounces Cointreau, or triple sec
- 4 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons simple syrup, or to taste (equal amounts of sugar and water heated until sugar dissolves)
- 2 cups ice
- 1 lemon or 4 candy lemon drops or jelly lemon slices
Fill a martini shaker or a large glass with ice. Add vodka, Cointreau, lemon juice and simple syrup and shake or stir. Strain into chilled martini glasses. Garnish with a candy lemon drop or a lemon twist.