Tomato Soup Cupcakes, Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can tomato soup
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Cream Cheese Frosting, recipe follows
- This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
- Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- Pinch salt
- 2 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line standard cupcake pans with 24 cupcake liners.
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the sugar and shortening. In a separate bowl, add the baking soda to the tomato soup. Mix the flour, salt, baking powder, nutmeg, and cloves in another bowl. Alternate adding the soup mixture and the flour mixture to the shortening, starting and ending with the soup mixture. Add in the nuts and raisins, if desired, and combine only until mixed. Fill the cupcake liners 2/3 full. Bake until the cupcake springs back when touched, about 20 minutes. Transfer the pans to wire racks to cool completely before removing the cupcakes.
To assemble: Frost the cooled cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting.Cream Cheese Frosting:
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese, butter, and salt on medium-high speed until smooth. Turn the speed to low and beat in the confectioners' sugar, 1/2 cup at a time. Once all sugar is incorporated, increase the speed to medium-high and beat until light and fluffy. Use right away or refrigerate until needed.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Cream of Tomato Soup with Fontina, Mushroom, Prosciutto and Truffle Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, Kellogg's® Cocoa Krispies® Cheese Cookies and Tomato Soup, Main Challenge: Roasted Tomato and Red Chili Soup, Easter Cupcake Recipes, Easy Breakfast, Easy Pasta, Easy Lunch, Chocolate Frosting Recipes, Tomato Soup Recipes