Tortellini Totem Poles
- 2 cups tortellini (cheese, meat, vegetable - your choice!), cooked, drained and cooled
- 1/2 pound mozzarella cheese ( bocconcini or cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 celery stalks, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup artichoke hearts, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup black olives, pitted
- 1/2 cup cucumber peeled and sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup pepperoni slices
- 1/4 cup Italian dressing
Place each type of ingredient in a separate small bowl and line up bowls on a table or countertop that's within reach for all the kids.
Using age-appropriate skewers (kebab skewers, disposable wooden skewers, coffee stir-sticks or straws), have each kid personalize their own totem pole by adding ingredients of their choice onto the skewer. Make colorful patterns; see who can fit the most ingredients onto their totem pole; count pieces as each is added. Dip totem poles in Italian dressing and eat!
Cook's Note: use all or some of the above ingredients when making this recipe.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.