- 1 tablespoon vinegar, such as cider, white wine or even sherry
- 1 large head Savoy cabbage, quartered, cored, leaves separated and torn into large pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 bunch fresh chives, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Bring a big pot of water to a boil over high heat adding 2 to 4 tablespoons of salt to make the water taste like the sea. Add the vinegar, and then the cabbage and boil over high heat until the cabbage is wilted (don't overcook it - it should still have tooth), 2 to 3 minutes. Drain, then toss in a bowl with the butter, oil, the parsley, chives, and salt and pepper, to taste.