Crisp Potatoes with Salsa Verde Drizzle
- 3 pounds Yukon gold potatoes
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves chopped
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves chopped
- Extra-virgin olive oil, as needed
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup green olives, pitted and chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained and rinsed
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 bunch fresh parsley, leaves chopped
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
Peel the potatoes and slice them into thin 1/8-inch thick slices. Put them into a large bowl and toss with the thyme, rosemary, and olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Place a large skillet onto the grill and coat the bottom with olive oil. Place the slices into the pan, overlapping them in 1 layer until the entire surface is covered with potatoes. Drizzle some more olive oil over the top. Cook over medium-high heat until the bottoms are browned and crisp. Turn the potatoes over and cook the other side until they are browned and crisp.
In a food processor add the olives, capers, garlic, and parsley. Process, adding some olive oil in a thin stream, until you have a smooth puree. Mix in the lemon juice and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.
Coat the bottom of a large platter with some of the salsa, pile the potatoes on top, and drizzle on some more salsa.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.