Pot Roast with Baby Vegetables
- 3 to 5 pound top beef chuck roast, trimmed of excess fat
- Seasoned salt and lemon pepper
- 1 onion, peeled and halved
- 1 carrot, whole
- 1 cup beef broth, low sodium
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, whole
- 1 rosemary sprig
- 2 thyme sprigs
- 1 pound new red potatoes
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1 cup boiling or pearl onions
- 1 cup baby squash, such as pattypan and zucchini
- 1 cup button mushrooms, stems removed
- Kosher salt
Sprinkle roast with seasoned salt and lemon pepper to taste. Place onion and carrot in the bottom of a 5 or 6 quart crockery cooker. Lay the meat on top of the vegetables. Pour in the broth and Worcestershire sauce. Season with garlic, rosemary and thyme.
Cover and set dial to low-heat. Allow to gently simmer for 5 to 6 hours. Remove the cover and add the baby vegetables around the roast. Sprinkle with seasoned salt and continue to cook covered on low-heat for an additional 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.