Roasted Turkey with Herb Cream Cheese and Strawberries
- 1 (8-ounce) container cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon leaves or chervil, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives, plus more for garnish
- 8 slices good quality dense white bread, toasted
- 1/2 pound roasted turkey breast, thinly sliced
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and thinly sliced
- Fleur de sel*, optional
- *Fleur de sel is a high grade coarse sea salt and is available at gourmet shops.
Combine the cream cheese and herbs. Spread the toasted bread with a layer of the herbed cream cheese. Place 2 slices of turkey on top and then some strawberry slices. Garnish with more herbs and a few grains of fleur de sel, if using. Slice each sandwich in half.
Recipe courtesy Tyler Florence