Whipped Sweet Potatoes
- 4 large sweet potatoes, scrubbed
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 orange, zested
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Prick the sweet potatoes all over with a fork, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Put them in a roasting pan and roast for 45 minutes until they are very soft. Remove the pan from the oven.
In a small sauce pot, over low heat, heat the cream with the bay leaves, then keep warm until ready to puree potatoes. Discard the bay leaves before adding to potatoes.
When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, scoop the flesh into the bowl of a food processor. Season with salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, orange zest, and brown sugar. Add cream and 1 tablespoon of butter and puree until super smooth.
Recipe courtesy of Tyler Florence