- 2 cups light cream
- 2 large sprigs fresh mint
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 1/2 ounces dark mint chocolate (recommended: Ghirardelli)
Fresh Mint Buttercream:
- 1 pound unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons mint-infused light cream
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 12 fresh mint leave, for garnish (optional)
For the cupcakes: Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line a cupcake or muffin pan with 12 regular-size cupcake liners.
Sift the flour, salt, and baking powder into a small bowl and set aside. Cream the butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric stand mixer until pale and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the eggs while mixing on medium speed. Scrape down the sides of the bowl again and switch to low speed. Alternate adding the flour mixture and 1 cup of the mint-infused cream, beginning and ending with the flour. Reserve the remaining cream.
For the buttercream: Beat the butter in the bowl of an electric stand mixer until pale. Add the mint-infused cream and continue beating. Reduce the speed to low and slowly add the confectioners' sugar until a creamy, medium-stiff consistency is achieved.
- This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.