Recipes courtesy Food Network Magazine
Step 1: Slice 1 to 2 loaves of French bread into 1/4-inch-thick rounds.
Step 2: Brush each slice with olive oil or melted butter.
Step 3: Place the rounds on baking sheets and bake at 350 degrees until crisp throughout and lightly golden around the edges, about 15 minutes.
1. Spread with goat cheese; top with finely chopped canned beets, an orange segment and fresh mint.
2. Spread with fig jam; top with gorgonzola cheese and prosciutto.
3. Spread with fig jam; top with goat cheese and chopped walnuts.
4. Spread with butter; top with thinly sliced bread-and-butter pickles.
5. Spread with hummus; top with olive tapenade.
6. Top with sliced figs; drizzle with honey; sprinkle with sea salt.
7. Mash avocado with salt and lime juice; spread on toasts; top with shrimp.
8. Spread with ricotta cheese; top with chopped roasted red peppers; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
9. Rub with a garlic clove; top with sliced plum tomatoes; sprinkle with sea salt.
10. Spread with butter; top with thinly sliced radishes; sprinkle with sea salt.