- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil, for frying
- 4 (6-ounce) portions skinless and boneless salmon fillets
Blue Cheese Sauce:
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
In a small bowl, combine the Italian seasoning, black pepper, paprika, salt, and cayenne. Season each piece of fish with the rub.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the butter and oil. Once the butter has melted, add the fish and cook about 2 minutes per side.
Transfer the whole pan to the oven and cook for another 4 to 6 minutes.