Eggplant Bruschetta with Pita Chips
- For Pita:
- 4 Mediterranean flatbreads, no pockets
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, finely crumbled
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled, cut lengthwise into slices
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, for eggplant, plus 4 tablespoons, for bruschetta mix
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 avocado, diced
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and finely diced
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped oregano leaves
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped thyme leaves
- 1 lemon, juiced
- For the pita:
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe For the pita:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Cut flatbreads into 8 wedges. Place wedges into a large bowl and drizzle with 4 tablespoons olive oil. Sprinkle with black pepper and toss to coat. Place on an ungreased baking sheet and lightly top with feta cheese. Bake for 5 to 8 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.For the bruschetta:
Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
Brush eggplant with 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Place on grill and cook for 2 minutes on each side or until tender. Remove from grill and dice. Add the eggplant to a bowl, stir in remaining ingredients, including 4 tablespoons of olive oil, and toss to combine. Serve with toasted pita chips.
Recipe courtesy of Aaron McCargo Jr.
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay