- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 pound bacon, diced
- 3 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 3 shallots, sliced
- 3/4 pound Brussels sprouts, outer leaves peeled, halved
- 1 (16-ounce) bag frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 (15-ounce) can white beans, drained
- 4 plum tomatoes, seeded and finely diced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Pinch salt
- Pinch freshly cracked black pepper
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
In a large oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat, add the oil. Add bacon and render for 4 to 5 minutes until crisp. Stir in the garlic, shallots, and Brussels sprouts and cook for 3 minutes. Add the corn kernels and thyme. Toss well and bake until the Brussels sprouts develop nice color, about 10 to 12 minutes. Remove the succotash from the oven and put it into a bowl. Add the white beans, tomatoes, and parsley. Toss well to combine. Season the succotash with salt, pepper, and fresh lemon juice, to taste. Transfer the succotash to a serving platter and serve.