Smothered Pork Chops
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 (1-inch thick) pork chops
- 1/2 cup self-rising flour
- 3 to 4 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped thyme leaves
- 1 Vidalia onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 cup chicken stock
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a small bowl mix together the seasoning salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder and onion powder. Season each pork chop liberally with the spice mixture. Add the flour to a small bowl and stir in the remaining spice mixture. Dredge the chops in the flour, shaking off the excess.
In a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat, add the oil. Sear each chop for 2 to 3 minutes, then flip and sear the other side for an additional 2 minutes.
Remove from the skillet to a plate and set aside. Add the thyme, onion, garlic and 1 to 2 tablespoons of the seasoned flour and cook until slightly caramelized, about 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the stocks and with a wooden spoon scrape up any bits from the bottom of the skillet. Add the chops back to the pan and cover. Put in the oven and bake until tender and the sauce has thickened, about 18 to 20 minutes. Remove the chops and sauce to a platter and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.