- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (14-ounce) can coconut milk (not low-fat)
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch salt
- 1 baguette, cut into 1-inch chunks (about 7 cups)
- 6 dried figs, soaked in hot water for at least 15 minutes, thinly sliced*
- Handful roasted unsalted cashew nuts, whole or chopped
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Special equipment: 9 by 13-inch baking dish
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Pour the melted butter into a 9 by 13-inch baking dish and use a pastry brush to make sure the dish is well coated.
In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar together, then add the coconut milk, the whole milk, the spices and a pinch of salt. Add bread and figs and toss. Let soak for 15 minutes.
Pour the mixture into the prepped baking dish and sprinkle with the cashews. Bake until the pudding pulls away from the sides of the dish, about 35 minutes.
Remove the pudding from the oven and serve with ice cream
*I used black mission figs but any fig is good.