- 4 large zucchini
- 2 limes, juiced (1/4 cup fresh lime juice)
- 1 large Fresno chile or half a jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Rounded 1/4 cup shelled roasted, salted peanuts
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- Small handful of chopped fresh cilantro
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Trim the stem end off of the zucchini. Using a mandoline, thinly shave the zucchini from pole to pole into beautiful long ribbons.
In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, chile, brown sugar, fish sauce and garlic.
Set a small skillet over high heat. Add the peanuts and toast until they begin to char, about 5 minutes. Remove them from the heat, and finely chop.
Toss the zucchini with the dressing, tomatoes and cilantro. Sprinkle with the peanuts. Taste for seasoning (it may need a touch more salt) and serve immediately.