- 4 cups water
- 2 pounds skinless chicken or cubed beef
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, plus 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 medium potatoes, diced (about 2 pounds)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 teaspoons paprika
- 1 (16-ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 (16-ounce) can cream-style corn
Heat 4 cups water to boiling in a 5-quart saucepan on top of stove. Add chicken or cubed beef and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt. Reduce to medium heat and simmer until meat is tender, reserving liquid. If using chicken in your recipe, remove pieces from pan and allow cooling before boning and dicing meat.
To reserved liquid, add potatoes and onions. If necessary, add just enough water to cover the ingredients and simmer on medium heat until potatoes are tender.
Add cans of whole kernel and cream-style corn while stirring stew on high heat to prevent scorching.
Note: A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The FN chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.