Chocolate Coconut Balls
- 1 cup toasted chopped Macadamia nuts
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 8 ounces sweetened shredded coconut
- One 12-ounce bag semisweet chocolate morsels, melted
- 1 tablespoon shortening
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
In a bowl mix together the nuts, condensed milk, almond extract and coconut. Using your fingers, press the mixture into balls about 3/4-inch round. Place onto sheet trays and let rest at room temperature for 4 hours or in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
After the balls have set up, melt the chocolate and shortening until smooth. Dip into the chocolate to coat evenly and lightly. Place onto a parchment or foil lined sheet pan to dry.
From Food Network Kitchens: After further testing and to ensure the best results, this recipe has been altered from what was in the actual episode.
Recipe courtesy of Alton Brown