- Recipe courtesy Alton Brown, 2009
- 1 cup cool strong coffee
- 6 ounces molasses, by weight
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 to 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (6 to 8-ounce) bone-in, 1-inch thick pork chops
Place all of the ingredients into a 1-gallon zip top bag, seal, and shake to combine. Place in the refrigerator to marinate for at least 2 hours or up to overnight.
Preheat grill to medium-high.
Remove the pork chops from the marinade. Transfer the marinade to a small saucepan and place over high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-high, and boil gently, stirring often, until reduced to about 1/2 cup liquid, 12 to 15 minutes. Remove the thyme stems after the glaze has reduced. Meanwhile, grill pork chops 3 to 4 minutes per side or until they reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees F. Allow the pork chops to rest 4 to 5 minutes before serving with the glaze.