- 1 cup heavy cream or half-and-half
- 2 eggs
- 2 pinches kosher salt
- Freshly grated nutmeg
For 1 Refrigerator Pie:
- 1 frozen 9-inch pie crust
Any one of the following combinations:
- Cooked spinach, cheddar cheese, cubed cooked ham
- Bacon, Sauteed leeks, and Gruyere cheese
- Cooked spinach, canned artichoke hearts, and Parmesan cheese
- Roasted chicken, goat cheese, and sun-dried tomatoes
- Blanched asparagus and smoked salmon
- Port Salut and Spam
In a nonreactive, stainless steel bowl, combine the cream or half-and-half and the eggs. Whisk until combined thoroughly. Add the salt and the nutmeg. Whisk to combine.
Refrigerator Pie Rules: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Evenly distribute the pie fillings in the pie crust. Do not overfill the crust with the filling ingredients. Do not pour too much royale into the crust. The eggs will expand upon cooking. Bake the pie until it is firm to the touch like set Jell-O, about 45 minutes. Cool the pie for at least 15 minutes before slicing.