Salmon Fillet en Papillote with Julienne Vegetable
- 1/3 cup julienned fennel bulb
- 1/3 cup julienned leeks, white part only
- 1/3 cup julienned carrots
- 1/3 cup julienned snow peas
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon whole coriander seed, ground fine
- 1 (8-ounce) salmon fillet, pin bones removed
- 1 orange cut into wedges with white, pithy membrane removed
- 1 tablespoon dry vermouth
Take a 15 by 36-inch piece of parchment paper and fold in 1/2 like a book. Draw a large 1/2 heart on paper with fold of paper being the center of the heart. Cut out heart and open. Lay fennel, leeks, carrots, and snow peas on parchment in center to 1 side of fold. Mix together salt, pepper, and ground coriander. Sprinkle vegetables with 1/2 of salt, pepper, and coriander. Lay salmon on top of vegetables and season with remaining salt, pepper and coriander. Top with the orange wedges and sprinkle with vermouth. Fold other side of heart over fish and starting at top of heart shape, fold up both edges of parchment, overlapping folds as you move along. Once you reach the end tip, twist several times to secure tightly. Place on microwave safe plate and cook for 4 minutes, on high in microwave, or until fish reaches 131 degrees. Open parchment carefully and serve for a complete meal.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.