Cherry Almond Clafouti
- Butter, softened, for greasing
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/3 cup sugar, divided
- 1 3/4 cup pitted dark sweet cherries
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Pinch salt
- 1 1/4 cups almond milk
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- Blanched sliced almonds, for serving, if desired
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Butter a 9 1/2-inch pie dish and evenly sprinkle with the 2 tablespoons sugar.
Put the cherries in the prepared pie dish, spreading out evenly.
Add the eggs, almond extract, pinch salt, remaining 1/3 cup sugar and the almond milk to a medium bowl and whisk until combined. Sift the flour into the egg mixture and whisk until smooth. Pour the egg mixture over the cherries. Carefully place the pie dish into the oven and bake until set and a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes. Cool to room temperature, if you can wait that long! Then lightly dust with confectioners' sugar and scatter the blanched almonds, if desired, and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Anne Thornton